I-5 NCEP Weekly Look-Ahead: May 9 – May 15, 2022
SR-14 to Magic Mountain Pkwy
I-5 and Weldon Canyon Overcrossing center median pavement and excavation work between SR-14 and Coltrane Av from 7am – 4pm and 8pm - 6am, as needed. Intermittent lane reductions in both directions between SR-14 and Magic Mountain Pkwy from 8pm – 6am.| More Information
Temporary lighting installation on the northbound I-5 truck route and temporary electrical work at Lyons Av/Pico Canyon Rd on-and-off ramps. Activities will include adjustments to ramp meters, ramp lighting, and installation of temporary foundations and poles and electrical work. Prepare for nightly closures along the northbound truck route between I-210 and Weldon Canyon Rd Bridge and Lyons Av/Pico Canyon Rd on-and-off ramps. | More Information
Detour signage is posted along the detour routes and at the preceding off-ramp.
Northbound on-ramp detours:
- Left on Wiley Canyon Rd, left on Orchard Village Rd, left on McBean Pkwy, enter northbound I-5 at the McBean Pkwy on-ramp.
- Right on the Old Road, right on McBean Pkwy, enter northbound I-5 at the McBean Pkwy on-ramp.
Southbound on-ramp detours:
- Starting at Pico Canyon Rd, left or right at the Old Road, left at Calgrove Bl, enter southbound I-5 Calgrove Bl on-ramp
Vegetation removal continues along I-5 shoulders between the SR-14 Interchange and Calgrove Bl. Prepare for lane reductions from 8pm - 6am and on-and-off ramp closures in both directions at Calgrove Bl from 7pm – 6am. Signage will be posted along the detour routes. | More Information
Magic Mountain Pkwy to Parker Rd
I-5 center median work behind concrete barriers between 7am – 4pm. Activities include saw cutting, excavation, and asphalt removal. Intermittent lane reductions in both directions between Magic Mountain Pkwy and Parker Rd between 8pm - 6am. | More Information
Job site preparation continues between Rye Canyon Rd and Parker Rd. Activities include survey work, high visibility fencing installation, and installation of stormwater control measures between 7am – 4pm. | More Information
- Work hours: Monday through Friday between 7am-4pm and 7pm-6am. Crews will begin to mobilize at 6am.
- No two consecutive ramps in the same direction will not be closed at the same time. Detours to the next on-ramp will be posted for each closure.
- Traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- All lanes will be reopened by 6am each morning.
- No lane closures will be implemented during morning or evening peak traffic hours.
- The speed limit in construction work zones is reduced to 55-miles per hour.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained. Construction is a dynamic process, it is subject to weather conditions, and information is subject to change, visit the project website for the most up to date information and a weekly listing of ramp closures scheduled.