Prepare for weeknight intermittent lane reductions in both directions between SR-14 and Parker Rd from 8pm to 6am to support all the below activities on I-5. Crews begin mobilizing at 6am and work hours are 7am to 4pm and 7pm to 6am on weekdays, and Saturdays as needed.
SR-14 to Magic Mountain Pkwy
Weldon Canyon Rd bridge deck work. One-way traffic control with a flagger will be used as needed Monday through Friday at Weldon Canyon Rd/Coltrane Av. | More Information
Southbound outside shoulder excavation, shoring and retaining wall work between Weldon Canyon Overcrossing and Calgrove Bl. Prepare for intermittent closures of southbound Calgrove Bl on- and off-ramps Monday through Friday from 7pm to 6am. Signage is posted along the detour routes and at the preceding off-ramp. Flagger controlled construction access from The Old Road at Gavin Canyon Undercrossing may be utilized. | More Information
- Southbound on-ramp detours:
- Westbound Calgrove Bl: Right on The Old Road, merge onto San Fernando Rd, right on Sepulveda Bl, merge onto Roxford St, enter southbound I-5 at Sepulveda Bl/Roxford St on-ramp
- Eastbound Calgrove Bl: Enter northbound I-5 Calgrove Bl on-ramp, exit northbound Lyons Av/Pico Canyon Rd off-ramp, right on Lyons Av, enter southbound I-5 at Lyons Av on-ramp
Gavin Canyon Undercrossing bridge foundation work along the northbound I-5 shoulder between Calgrove Bl and Weldon Canyon Rd. Activities include steel rebar, forming and utility work. Construction access from The Old Road may be utilized. | More Information
Center median retaining wall construction and concrete barrier work. Activities include excavation, backfill, shoring, form, and concrete work between SR-14 and Magic Mountain Pkwy. | More Information
Outside shoulder excavation and shoring work in both directions between Weldon Canyon bridge and Calgrove Bl. Equipment includes a directional drilling machine, usage of trucks, forklifts, and concrete mixing support. | More Information
Butte Canyon bridge deck work (rebar installation) in the center median between Pico Canyon Rd/Lyons Av and McBean Pkwy, adjacent to Vista Valencia Golf Course. | More Information
Magic Mountain Pkwy to Parker Rd
Full closure of Rye Canyon Rd between The Old Road and Avenue Stanford for crane assembly adjacent to the I-5 bridge, anticipated Wednesday, April 19 from 7pm to 5am and Thursday, April 20 from 7pm to 5am as a contingency date only if needed.
- Detour 1: Traveling northbound on The Old Road, turn left on Henry Mayo Dr, enter eastbound SR-126/Newhall Ranch Rd, continue on Newhall Ranch Rd to Rye Canyon Rd
- Detour 2: Traveling southbound on The Old Road, turn left on Magic Mountain Pkwy, left on McBean Pkwy, left on Newhall Ranch Rd, continue Newhall Ranch Rd to Rye Canyon Rd
- Detour 3: Traveling westbound on Rye Canyon Rd, turn left on Newhall Ranch Rd, right on McBean Pkwy, right on Magic Mountain Pkwy, continue to The Old Road/Rye Canyon Rd
Rye Canyon Rd bridge crane maintenance work and pile driving between The Old Road and Avenue Stanford. Prepare for lane closures on westbound Rye Canyon Rd between Avenue Stanford and The Old Road, anticipated from Monday, April 17 through Friday April 21 from 6am to 4pm. | More Information
Castaic Creek bridge deck work (rebar installation) in the center median between SR-126 and Hasley Canyon Rd. | More Information
Southbound outside shoulder electrical work at the SR-126 on-ramp. Prepare for nighttime closures of the southbound I-5 to SR-126 on-ramp, anticipated Monday, April 17 through Tuesday, April 18 from 9pm to 5am.| More Information
- Detour: Continue on SR-126 to Henry Mayo Dr, turn right on The Old Road, left onto The Old Road/Rye Canyon Rd southbound I-5 on-ramp.
Center median roadway base, paving, and concrete removal activity between Magic Mountain Pkwy and SR-126. | More Information
- Work hours: Monday through Friday and Saturday, as needed from 7am to 4pm and 7pm to 6am. Crews will begin to mobilize at 6am.
- No two consecutive ramps in the same direction will not be closed at the same time. Detours to the next on-ramp will be posted for each closure.
- Traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- All lanes will be reopened by 6am each morning.
- No lane closures will be implemented during morning or evening peak traffic hours.
- The speed limit in construction work zones is reduced to 55-miles per hour.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained. Construction is a dynamic process, it is subject to weather conditions, and information is subject to change, visit the project website for the most up to date information and a weekly listing.