Prepare for weeknight intermittent lane reductions in both directions from SR-14 to Parker Rd from 8pm to 6am to support all the below activities on I-5. Crews begin mobilizing at 6am and work hours are 7am to 4pm and 7pm to 6am on weekdays and Saturdays as needed.
SR-14 to Magic Mountain Pkwy
Full closures of The Old Road between Crescent Valley Mobile Home Park and Newhall Church of the Nazarene for concrete removal of the Gavin Canyon bridge. Closures will continue from Monday, January 30 to Friday, February 3 from 9pm to 5am each night. | More Information
Gavin Canyon bridge steel rebar, forming and concrete work along the northbound outside shoulder between Weldon Canyon Rd and Calgrove Bl. Construction access from The Old Road may be utilized. | More Information
Southbound outside shoulder excavation, shoring and retaining wall work between Weldon Canyon Overcrossing and Calgrove Bl. Prepare for intermittent closures of the southbound Calgrove Bl on- and off-ramps from 7pm to 6am. Signage is posted along the detour routes and at the preceding off-ramp. | More Information
Southbound on-ramp detours:
- Westbound Calgrove Bl: Right on the Old Rd, merge onto San Fernando Rd, right on Sepulveda Bl, merge onto Roxford St, enter southbound I-5 at Sepulveda Bl/Roxford St on-ramp
- Eastbound Calgrove Bl: Enter northbound I-5 Calgrove Bl on-ramp, exit northbound Lyons Av/Pico Canyon Rd off-ramp, right on Lyons Av, enter southbound I-5 at Lyons Av on-ramp
Weldon Canyon Rd bridge installation of concrete formwork. One-way traffic control with a flagger will be used as needed at Weldon Canyon Rd/Coltrane Av. | More Information
Center median retaining wall construction and concrete barrier work. Activities include excavation, backfill, shoring, form, and concrete work between SR-14 and Valencia Bl. | More Information
Outside shoulder slope soil stabilization (soil nail installation) in both directions between Weldon Canyon bridge and Calgrove Bl. Equipment includes a directional drilling machine, usage of trucks, forklifts, and concrete mixing support. | More Information
Magic Mountain Pkwy to Parker Rd
Sound wall foundation construction along southbound I-5 and The Old Road between Villa Canyon Rd and Hasley Canyon Rd. Activities include excavation, auger drilling, setting of steel rebar, concrete work, and material handling. Construction access from The Old Road may be utilized. | More Information
Center median roadway paving activity between SR-126 and Parker Rd. | More Information
Coming Soon in February
Removal of two existing overhead signs on southbound I-5 at the Weldon Canyon Rd bridge on Tuesday, February 21, 2023, between 10pm and 4am, and between SR-14 and Weldon Canyon Rd on Wednesday, February 22, 2023, between 10pm-4am. Additional closures will take place as a contingency date on Thursday, February 23, 2023, if needed. | More Information
Closures and detours:
- Full closure of southbound I-5 between SR-14 and Calgrove Bl.
- Detour 1: Exit I-5 to eastbound Newhall Ranch Rd/Golden Valley Rd, continue to southbound SR-14 off Golden Valley Rd, and proceed to the SR-14/I-5 interchange.
- Detour 2: Exit I-5 at Calgrove Bl, continue south on The Old Road, south on San Fernando Rd and Sepulveda Bl, proceed to I-5 southbound on-ramp.
Full closures of Rye Canyon Rd between The Old Road and Avenue Stanford for excavation and shoring activity adjacent to the Rye Canyon Rd bridge. Closures have been postponed to Mid-February. | More Information
Closures and detours:
- Full closures of Rye Canyon Rd between the Old Road and Avenue Stanford
- Detour 1: Traveling northbound on the Old Road, turn left on Henry Mayo Dr, enter eastbound SR-126/Newhall Ranch Rd, continue on Newhall Ranch Rd to Rye Canyon Rd
- Detour 2: Traveling southbound on the Old Road, turn left on Magic Mountain Pkwy, left on McBean Pkwy, left on Newhall Ranch Rd, continue Newhall Ranch Rd to Rye Canyon Rd
- Work hours: Monday through Friday and Saturday, as needed between 7am-4pm and 7pm-6am. Crews will begin to mobilize at 6am.
- No two consecutive ramps in the same direction will not be closed at the same time. Detours to the next on-ramp will be posted for each closure.
- Traffic will be maintained in each direction.
- All lanes will be reopened by 6am each morning.
- No lane closures will be implemented during morning or evening peak traffic hours.
- The speed limit in construction work zones is reduced to 55-miles per hour.
Access to emergency responders will be maintained. Construction is a dynamic process, it is subject to weather conditions, and information is subject to change, visit the project website for the most up to date information and a weekly listing.